Pathways to Work
Pathways to Work offers job-focused options to receive training, increase job skills and abilities, and earn a paycheck. Trained job coaches work with youth (14-22) and adults (18+) to provide the support needed for success on the job.
Coaching can include
Building job-specific skills, meeting productivity requirements, resume building, on-the-job training, learning behaviors, career exploration, and social acceptance in the workplace.
Youth Service Options (14-22 yrs):
1. Self Advocacy Training interactive 20-hour course designed to help youth become self-aware of strengths and work preferences and to communicate needs to educators and future employers.
2. Work Readiness Training interactive 20-hour course designed to help youth develop employment goals and become ready for the world of work.
3. On-the-Job Training Explore different businesses through temporary paid training experiences. This gives the student an opportunity to see if the job or business is a good fit. Funding options students in this service include the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Adult Service Options (18+):
Referrals from Vocational Rehabilitation, job seekers are supported by their job coach based on the level of support needed to obtain and retain employment. Service referrals fall under the following categories:
1. Supported Employment & Employment Services
- Job Assessment
- Job Development
- Job Placement
- Job Coaching
- Follow-Along Services
2. On the Job Training (OJT)
- Temporary Paid Training
- Employment Exploration
3. Discovery Services
A person-centered planning process that involves getting to know a person’s interests, abilities, and strengths before supporting them in developing a plan for employment.
Angela Hemstreet - Employment Services Manager - Lee
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, (239) 271-7290
Maryjane Nickerson, Employment Consultant - Charlotte
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida (941) 625-1664
Enas Bendeck, MSRCEmployment Consultant - Collier (Naples)
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida (239) 822-0648
Pathways to Work operates with the support of:
- VR - Vocational Rehabilitation Florida Department of Education
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities www.apdcares.org
- CARF - Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- United Way Collier
Thank you to our Community Supporters:
Charlotte Community Foundation is a sponsoring partner of the Goodwill PTW programs. Laptops and a portable scanner have been purchased with CCF funds to make career development activities accessible to more program participants.
For more information about the Pathways to Work Program, please contact Program Manager Angela Hemstreet at (239) 995-2106 ext. 2227