Pathways to Work
Assists job seekers to choose, obtain, and/or retain employment that matches their career goals.
Offers 90 days of continuing support from an employment consultant once employment is secured.
Provides employment assistance for individuals who require more intensive support to succeed and maintain employment in the community.
Offers 150 days of continuing support from an employment consultant once employment is secured and stable.
Supports may include; arranging for transportation, providing individualized training, helping the supported person to secure a job, develop natural supports and use assistive technology.
Work Readiness or Pre-placement Training
Is an interactive training provided in a small group setting. Completed before job placement, the 20-hour training includes:
• Resume writing
• Interviewing skills
• Online job searches
• Online job applications
• Meeting employers
• Handling conflict
• Navigating public transportation
Training also includes specific topics based on your individual work readiness needs.
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
Provides job-seekers with temporary (usually twelve weeks) of paid training in a workplace related to career interests.
- Allows job-seekers to get paid while gaining job experience.
- Assists individual in learning valuable work place skills while assessing job preferences.
- Provides development of communication skills, customer service skills, and self-confidence
Maryjane Nickerson, Employment Consultant - Charlotte
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida (941) 625-1664
Enas Bendeck, MSRCEmployment Consultant - Collier (Naples)- and Lee
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida (239) 822-0648
Pathways to Work operates with the support of:
- VR - Vocational Rehabilitation Florida Department of Education
- CARF - Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- United Way Collier
For more information about the Pathways to Work Program, please contact Director of Employment Services Angela Hemstreet at (239) 995-2106 ext. 2227