Pathways to Opportunity
News Update: Pathways to Opportunity and it's affiliated PTO-2-GO program is not closing, as has been circulated online. Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida remains committed to serving adults with disabilities through our Pathways to Opportunity and Pathways to Work programs and as provider of the Trailways Camp. We continue to innovate and look for new ways to better serve the 81 adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities enrolled in our adult day training program, Pathways to Opportunity.
About the PTO Program:
Pathways to Opportunity is an adult day training program that offers group classes based on participant needs and interests. These classes are taught by trained professionals in conjunction with community members. The classes are held across the community, at the Goodwill Opportunity Center and virtually.
The PTO program emphasizes individualized, person-centered outcomes aimed at achieving and maintaining integrated lives in the community. People with intellectual and developmental disabilities should be able to live, work and play in their local neighborhoods and communities.
To this end, our program is outcome driven, focused on ensuring that training results in progress and achievement of the outcomes identified by program participants.
Designed for adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities who want to gain independence and experience new opportunities. Referrals are typically accepted through Florida Medicaid Waiver (iBudget) or personal recommendations.
Pathways to Opportunity Model:
Participants led Committees:
- Advocacy Council
- Art Program
- Events Planning
- Finance Committee
- Education: Computer Skills, Cooking, Learn Spanish, Italian, Literacy Skills, Money Skills, Self-Advocacy & Personal Rights, Sign Language, and Zoology
- Employment Exploration: Career Exploration, Employment Training, Relationship & Communication, Retail Training, and Volunteering
- Recreation: Book Club, Community Outings, Exercise Classes (Zumba, Yoga, etc.), Martial Arts, and Sport Leagues (Bowling, Golfing, etc.)
- Fine Arts: Art Medium Explorations, Computer Art/Decals, Jewelry, Painting/Sketching, and Sewing/Fabric Art
- Creative Expression-Performing Arts: Choir, Comedy & Improve, Drama Club, and Set & Costume Design.
Participants make decisions on outing locations or projects, budgeting for class supplies needed, and then get to practice money skills when participating in activities. They have established their own book club at local coffee shops, take cooking classes, hired a yoga and Zumba instructor, visited art museums, and become active community volunteers.
Program Photo Gallery
Pathways Pattern (Program Newsletter)
- March 2021 Pathways Newsletter
- November 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- October 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- September 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- August 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- June 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- March 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- February 2020 Pathways Newsletter
- December 2019 Pathways Newsletter
- August 2019 Pathways Newsletter
- 2019 Pathways Patterns Special Edition 5 Year Anniversary
- July 2019 Pathways Patterns Newsletter
- June 2019 Pathways Patterns Newsletter
- May 2019 Pathways Patterns Newsletter
- February 2019 Pathways Patterns Newsletter
For more information about the Pathways to Opportunity Program or to schedule a tour, please contact Director of Disability Support Services Jessica Tursi at (239) 995-2106 ext. 2301
How to Support Pathways to Opportunity
Participants Success Stories
Pathways to Opportunity Art Program
Support Pathways to Opportunity Artist - Variety of ART for sale!
Check out videos of program theatre performances, choir performances, and Pathways New Network (PNN) and general program videos.
Pathways to Opportunity operates with the support of
- APD - Agency for Person with Disabilities State of Florida
- Golisano Foundation
- Lee County Human and Veteran Services
- United Way Lee, Charlotte, Hendry & Glades Counties
Thank you for our Community Supporters
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc.'s Registration # is CH1930. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FL. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PLEASE VISIT www.800helpfla.com FOR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.