Sharon and Jerry Miller are the founders of Trailways Camp. They established the , Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund in honor of their sons with special needs. The Fund financially supports the camping experiences provided at Trailways Camp for adults with disabilities in Southwest Florida. Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. has been the service provider for the Trailways Camps since October 2012, and serves 60 campers annually at our overnight camping sessions. Campers enjoy fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, swimming, campfires, nature walks, and much more at Trailways Camp. The camp is held at the Riverside Retreat Center, in LaBelle, Florida.
The Trailways Camp Mission
Enabling adults with special needs, and those who care for them, to grow their social, emotional, and spiritual relationships.
Upcoming Camp Sessions
- October 11 - 14, 2021 (Monday - Thursday)
- November 15 - 18, 2021 (Monday - Thursday)
- Februaury 21 - 24, 2022 (Monday - Thursday)
The Trailways Camp team will continue to monitor and follow CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of infectious disease; especially the novel corona virus COVID-19, Trailways Camp will adopt the following best practices and preventive measures during the 2021-2022 camp season.
Trailways will not ask vaccine status of anyone attending camp. Trailways camp strongly encourages everyone to follow the CDC recommendations regarding vaccinations. Trailways camp will share CDC recommendations, upon request, with anyone potentially attending camp.
The safety of campers, parents, caregivers, volunteers, and staff are our highest priority. A number of precautions will be taken to keep everyone healthy and safe. These precautions include a pre-camp health screening, new check in procedures and while at camp, daily health screening, cleaning and sanitizing, Camp activities will remain the same as past camps: fishing, canoeing, s’mores, arts and crafts.
Steps to Register a Camper: Open Enrollment Starts today!
2. Upload a Camper Medical Form: During registration, please download the Camper Medical Form and the diabetes and seizure form, if applicable. The completed forms should be uploaded to your health profile or returned to the Camp Coordinator prior to or at the home visit. Coordinator can assist with these forms at the home visit if needed. The completed forms and a medical release will be sent to the camper’s physician by the Camp Coordinator. The camper’s physician or physician’s assistant needs to sign off on and approve the camper for specific activities.
3. Be Interviewed by the Camp Coordinator: The Camp Coordinator will meet with each applicant and their caregiver in their home to determine how the camp can best meet the applicant’s needs. Activity schedule, packing, list, camp waiver and additional information will be reviewed at this meeting.
4. Submit Registration Fee of $35: Upon acceptance into the camp, a Registration Fee of $35 is the only required fee for camper participation. This fee can be paid online at or after the home visit or remitted to "Goodwill SW Florida, Inc.- Trailways Camp Registration" at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp. DO NOT submit payment before being interviewed by the camp coordinator. Scholarships may be available if this fee would cause a financial hardship.
Campers/families are encouraged to contribute toward the cost of their camp session by making a voluntary donation to offset the cost of participation for all campers to the Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund at www.trailwayscamps.org at any time before, during or after your camper’s participation.
Voluntary Donations can also be mailed to Southwest Florida Community Foundation at 2031 Jackson Street, Suite 100; Fort Myers, FL 33901.
Volunteering at Trailways Camp
|Volunteers make this camp possible! We are looking for individuals who willing to share their enjoyment of camping, fishing, arts & crafts, canoeing and other outdoor activities.
Whether you're a seasoned volunteering veteran or brand new to the Trailways Camp family, we are thrilled to have you join our team and eternally grateful for your support. Without people like you, this camp, which brings joy to so many adults with disabilities, would not be possible.
We ask that all volunteers complete a quick online registration to let us know who you are and when you would like to volunteer. We also ask that all volunteer submit to a background screening. You can download this form during the online registration process.
Volunteers are strongly encouraged to attend a Volunteer Orientation. Orientation can be attended in person or virtually. COVID-19 precautions will be explained at orientation or upon arrival at camp.
Become a Camp Counselor
Camp Counselors stay at camp throughout the session and lead a group of 5 campers to their activities, fostering teamwork, sportsmanship, team spirit, and inclusion.
Donations to support Trailways Camp can be made online
Trailways Camp is made possible through the support of the Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund. Donations to the fund help sustain and grow this incredible experience.
Donate Online or mail to:
Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund/Collabratory
2031 Jackson Street, Suite 100
Fort Myers, Fl 33901
NO GOODS OR SERVICES WERE PROVIDED IN RETURN FOR THE CONTRIBUTION. GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC.'S REGISTRATION # IS CH1930. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FL. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PLEASE VISIT www.800helpfla.com FOR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.