Career In Caring
Home Companions are in demand as America's (and Florida's!) aging population continues to grow. Helping someone stay in their home is a rewarding and flexible career.
Beef up your resume and prepare yourself to do the best job you can. In partnership with Nevco Health Care Education, a nationwide provider of continuing education, Goodwill is offering access to six training modules that will help you be an effective care giver and demonstrate your desire to be part of this needed profession. Modules are $20 processing fee upon completion of this program!
- Caregiver Proficiency: Alzheimer's Disease
- Client Relations: Effective Communication Skills
- Cultural Diversity and Healthcare Competency
- Interactive Skills: Cognitively Impaired Clients
- Household Administration: Strategy and Safety
- OSHA Standards: Blood-Borne Pathogens
Most modules take less than an hour to review, with a post test administered to assess your understanding. A certificate is issued following successful completion of the post test. You can complete at our Tice location or at a Job-Link near you on your own schedule.