Founded by Sharon and Jerry Miller of the Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund, Trailways Camp provides camping experiences for adults with disabilities in Southwest Florida. Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. has been the service provider for the Trailways Camps since October 2012 and serves 60 campers annually at our overnight camping sessions. Campers enjoy fishing, canoeing, arts and crafts, swimming, campfires, nature walks, and much more at Trailways Camp. The camp is held at the American Camps Association Accredited Riverside Retreat Center, in LaBelle, Florida.
The Trailways Camp Mission
- Serving the needs of adults and caregivers
- Developing social connections and recreational skills
- Building relationships and life experiences
Upcoming Camp Sessions
- October 21-24, 2019
- November 18-21, 2019
- February 17-20, 2020 (for returning campers by invitation only)
Activity Schedules for Upcoming Sessions
Steps to Register a Camper: Open Enrollment Starts today!
2. Submit a Camper Medical Form:The Camp Coordinator will send the Camper Medical Form following the online registration in addition to the diabetes and seizure form, if applicable, to be completed. Forms should be returned to the Camp Coordinator prior to or at the home visit. Coordinator can assist with these forms at the home visit if needed. The completed forms and a medical release will be sent to the camper’s physician by the Camp Coordinator. The camper’s physician or physician’s assistant needs to sign off on and approve the camper for specific activities.
3. Be Interviewed by the Camp Coordinator: The Camp Coordinator will meet with each applicant and their caregiver in their home to determine how the camp can best meet the applicant’s needs. Activity schedule, packing, list, camp waiver and additional information will be reviewed at this meeting.
4. Submit Registration Fee of $25: Upon acceptance into the camp, a Registration Fee of $25 is the only required fee for camper participation. This fee should be remitted to "Goodwill SW Florida, Inc.- Trailways Camp Registration" at the home visit or at least two weeks prior to the first day of camp. DO NOT submit payment before being interviewed by the camp coordinator. Scholarships may be available if this fee would cause a financial hardship. Campers/families are encouraged to contribute toward the cost of their camp session by making a voluntary donation to offset the cost of participation for all campers to the Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund at www.trailwayscamps.org at any time before, during or after your camper’s participation. Voluntary Donations can also be mailed to Southwest Florida Community Foundation at 2301 Jackson Street, Suite 100; Fort Myers, FL 33901.
Volunteering at Trailways Camp
Volunteers make this camp possible!
Register to volunteer at camp here and you will be contacted about how to complete the background screening process
Volunteers: During Volunteer Orientation or your first day volunteering at camp the release of liability form and volunteer quick reference sheet will need to be reviewed and signed at registration. Thank you for volunteering and see you at camp!
Become a Camp Counselor
Camp Counselors stay at camp throughout the session and lead a group of 5 campers to their activities, fostering teamwork, sportsmanship, team spirit, and inclusion.
Donations to support Trailways Camp can be made online
Or mail to:
Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller Fund/SW Florida Community Foundation
2301 Jackson Street, Suite 100
Fort Myers, Fl 33901
NO GOODS OR SERVICES WERE PROVIDED IN RETURN FOR THE CONTRIBUTION. GOODWILL INDUSTRIES OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC.'S REGISTRATION # IS CH1930. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FL. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PLEASE VISIT www.800helpfla.com FOR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.